Sunday, November 30, 2008

1/2 Point Brownies


Amy suggested I find out how to make low point (Weight Watchers) desserts. That's a really good idea...I like to cook and I'd like to stay on my diet. I've been finding it hard lately to stick to the diet...the sweet tooth is back with a vengeance! I found this recipe on the web and decided to try it out. They are cooked in a small muffin tin...which makes portioning easier. The ingredients are a bit strange...you'll see. They are actually good...very fudgy. I gave one to my husband (without telling him what was in them) and he gave them a thumbs up! Of course, I did put a dab of buttercream icing on his....so it wasn't a perfect test. I liked them....I thought I detected a bit of an aftertaste of the ingredient...but that could have been my imagination. I put a dab of fat free cool whip on mine. They satisfied the sweet craving I had and I didn't have to feel guilty afterward. Nice! I'll definitely make them again. I'm going to share them with some friends that are doing WW and see what they think.

1/2 Point Brownies
  • 1 Box Betty Crocker Brownie mix (I don't really know if it has to be Betty Crocker, but that's what the recipe said)
  • 1 can Black Beans - SURPRISE!!!!
Preheat oven to 325.
Puree the black beans (undrained) in a food processor or blender.
Add the brownie mix and mix until smooth.
Put batter in small cupcake pan and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
The recipe said it made 36 brownies, but I got 48...I'm really not sure why.