Friday, April 10, 2009

What's Up Doc?

Carrot cake with a bunny on top....what could be better? A friend's church is having an auction and she asked me to make a cake for it. Since it was so close to Easter I thought carrot cake dressed up for Easter would be a good idea.

To make these little bunnies, I use a pan that makes little "egg" cupcakes. Once they are iced I give them fur with tinted coconut. Little cinnamon candy for eyes and a bit of orange frosting for a nose and a "puff" of white frosting for the tail. The hardest part is finding that fruit striped gum...and then unwrapping them! Just cut the sticks into ear shapes and stick them into the cupcake.

Here's a group waiting for me to take them to work. Notice the "hippie" rabbit...yes, rainbow colored. I couldn't help myself.

02/13/2009 - update - I found out today that the Bunny Carrot Cake brought $95 at the church auction. Now that tickles me silly!

2 comments:

T.J. Freeman Jr. said...

I think they look awesome!! Glad you found the Fruit Stripe in time :)

Unknown said...

i remember taking these to school in what, the second grade? those are some old bunnies.
oh, you should give tyson the "hippie" bunny. :)