Sunday, March 22, 2009

Making Monogrammed Cookies and Summer Time Cookies

I had an order for monogrammed "G" sugar cookies. I usually just pipe the monogram on the cookies free hand, but I was worried about doing a pretty "G". So, I used a template. This worked really well. I spent TOO much time in MS Word looking at G's in different fonts until I found one I liked. Then, I printed a sheet with 15 G's on it. I placed this sheet under waxed paper and piped over the pattern with royal icing and sprinkled little white nonpareil sprinkles over them. I let the G's dry for several days and then just removed them from the waxed paper and placed them on freshly iced cookies. This would work great even if you aren't using sprinkles...and of course for any letter or shape. :)

A couple of tips:
* Put the sheet of letters in a cookie sheet with sides so that the extra sprinkles aren't lost.
* Only pipe a couple of letters at a time before you sprinkle them, otherwise they aren't sticky enough to hold the sprinkles.

My sheet of G's with waxed paper over them.








Piped G's with sprinkles. Just tilt the pan after a few minutes to get the excess sprinkles away from the monogram.






Here's a pic of some summer time cookies I made for a beach themed birthday party.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! The cookies were delicious and everyone loved them. Sierra loved the ones with her initial on them especially the flip flop ones with the S. You're the best Nancy! I'm sure we will be ordering again very soon :)

Unknown said...

those beachballs and flip flops are sooo cute! and during football season, you could sell football cookies with "G"s on them... i bet people would love them.