Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Frank's Birthday


We just celebrated Frank's birthday Saturday evening. All but Kimberly was there...we missed you Kimberly! We had a light supper...and then a very heavy dessert. This was my second attempt to make Paula Deen's chocolate mousse cake. This time I made it as a square cake and it seemed to hold its structure better square. This cake is so rich that you can only eat a sliver at a time...but it is soooo good! Just look at it...I think I gain weight just looking at the picture!

Six thin layers of cake with mousse in between and iced with fudgy chocolate! Frank didn't even want me to send any home with the kids...but I did of course. :)

Jessi gave Frank a RC helicopter and that was definitely the "hit" present. Everybody had a ball playing with it. I would never have thought to buy him one of those. It was so much fun, we have to get a RC boat for the pool this summer.

3 comments:

T.J. Freeman Jr. said...

those pics look great! Looks like ya'll had a blast too...

Amy said...

oh my goodness that cake looks good - is that the one Derek was planning on making me for my bday??? If so, darn that flu he had. Tell Frank happy late birthday.

Unknown said...

that cake was sooo good! i hope tiny is okay after his traumatic helicopter experience... haha