Saturday, February 28, 2009

Birthday Sugar Cookies and More Birthday Cookies

I had 2 orders for sugar cookies due on the same day. They were both for 60 cookies and for birthday parties. One set were for a little boy's first birthday. His mom wanted cookies in the shape of the #1 and in baby blue. No problem...I don't have a #1 cookie cutter but how hard can that be to find. Hard! I couldn't find one by itself, only in sets with lots of other shapes. OK, I might need those other shapes sometime, right. I'll just purchase a set...but wait! The #1 in the sets are TINY. In comes, Cookie Cutter Man to the Rescue! (AKA Frank, my wonderful hubby!). We ended up purchasing a cutter in a different shape and Frank reshaped it into what I needed. Did I mention that he's wonderful? :)
The other 60 were for a little girl's second birthday. Here mom sent me a link to the cake she was having made and just asked me to match the colors...the design was up to me. For those, I ended up making about 40 in the kaleidoscope pattern to match the cake and 20 as monogrammed cookies with a piped border.

I was really happy with how these cookies turned out. I even got another order for 60 monogrammed cookies for a birthday in March. Just thought I'd share the pics.


2 comments:

T.J. Freeman Jr. said...

those look great Nancy! It makes my hands have sympathy cramps just thinking about how long it must have taken to pipe all that icing... I'm sure it was worth it!

Nicole said...

Those are really cool and I bet they tasted great! I just might have to get you to make some for Sierra's party on 3/21. If you would like another order.