Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine Cupcake - Red Velvet Filled With White Chocolate Pudding

I always make the same thing for Valentines Day. Chocolate cakes shaped like hearts decorated with roses. I was feeling like I was in a rut. So this year, I decided to do something different. And different doesn't have to mean harder...easy sounds pretty good to me. :)

Here's the ingredients, yep, not a homemade thing on the table!
I made cupcakes out of the red velvet cake mix. Once they were cool, I used a melon baller and scooped out holes from the middle.
Made the white chocolate instant pudding, put it in a pastry bag and filled the holes. Piped the canned frosting on top, sprinkled the little heart sprinkles on...and voila! I think they turned out pretty. I hope they're good. Now I'm second guessing myself and thinking I should have bought the cheesecake flavored pudding...maybe next time.

And by the way, those little holes that I took out of the cupcakes didn't go to waste. I make single serving trifles for Frank out them and left over pudding.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps some will find their way to Athens?

Looking forward to seeing you and Frank on Friday!

Nicole said...

By chance did those make it to Greenway? If so send one home with TJ, please. They look delicious :)

Nicole said...

I have to tell you that those cupcakes should be illegal!!! They are soooo good! I think I may be making those myself in the near future. Thank you for sending me one.

NancyJoJo said...

I'm glad you liked it. From people's reactions, it would seem that almost any combination of cupcake filled with pudding is a hit! Chocolate cake with the white chocolate pudding is good too.

David said...

Best cupcakes ever tasted! Probably won't go to well in Athens, though. Word is things rot and spoil quickly in that air!!! War Eagle!!!