Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hello and Pink Carrots

Hi there! Welcome to my blog. I'm new to blog writing...but not blog reading! Who knew it would be so hard? I work in a tech world, but I love to bake....cookies, cakes, cupcakes, bread, etc. There's just the two of us at home...I'm usually dieting...and well...even Frank has his sugar limits! So the sweets usually end up at my office.

A co-worker of mine participates in the Breast Cancer 3-Day in Atlanta. The picture is one of the cupcakes I took to work to sell as a fundraiser for her. Carrot cake with cream cheese icing! Don't you love the pink carrot on top? I substitute applesauce for 1/2 of the oil in the recipe...making it healthier?....definitely making it moister.

7 comments:

T.J. Freeman Jr. said...

Perfect! I love it, I am going to add you to my "Fellow Bloggers" section :)

Derek said...

Looks real good! Just for the record.... I eat many of those snacks..:)

Unknown said...

I love your cupcakes (all different kinds) and so do my roommates! Can I use your blog as a request form?

I am requesting (for delivery):
12 banana cream cupcakes
1 german chocolate cake
24 peanut butter cookies
1 diet coke (regular coke has way too much sugar)... ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay - you win. You beat me into the world of blogging! I'll have to do something really cool now to out-do "Fancy Nancy"! Really - it looks great. Happy blogging!

Amy said...

Nice! I love Bakerella's blog ... I think you need to try making some of her mini cupcakes on a stick!

Nicole said...

Love the blog Nancy :) but I didn't make it into your list of fellow bloggers...boo hoo. J/K Your cupcakes look yummy.

chosenrebel said...

enjoy your empty nested baking. That is a great family phot. You are greatly blessed.