Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wuthering Heights Cupcakes

Ever since I saw these cupcakes on IHeartCuppycakes I've been wanting to make them. They are chocolate cake with condensed milk and caramel drizzled inside, heath bars crushed on top, and then iced. The original recipe called for a whipped cream icing, but I was afraid that would melt on my way to work, so I iced them with a buttercream icing. Unfortunately, I got my icing too thin...so they aren't as pretty as I had hoped.

Now for the name. In the blog where I read about them, they were called Hankie Pankie cupcakes, elsewhere they are called Better Than Sex cupcakes. When I mentioned making them the other day, I called them Better Than Whoopie cupcakes. Well, a coworker (I'm not naming names) was trying to figure out what Whoopie Goldberg had to do with cupcakes. You just can't make that stuff up! I really couldn't see calling them the first 2 names at work and I certainly didn't want to confuse anybody else...so a new name was needed. Maybe its a stretch...but Heath bars....Heathcliff....get it...this is why I'm not in marketing. :)

These are good...but I already know what I'll do different next time. They just weren't over the top. I'm thinking....pudding.



4 comments:

CB said...

I totally got it when I read your Wuthering Heights title!! I am such a nerd. HAHA. Looking forward to seeing your pudding adaption. :)
Clara @ iheartcuppycakes!

NancyJoJo said...

Thanks Clara...I love your blog. My husband rated this 5th (behind Apple Pie Cupcakes, Black Forest, Banana Cream and Boston Cream)...but people at work loved them!

Amy said...

I am just hoping it wasn't Derek who said that! We've watched enough of the Newlywed Game reruns on Gameshow Network that surely he would know what whoopie is. But I love your name for them ... esp. at Halloween, it's a haunting book to me.

Nicole said...

I love all the different cupcakes you are coming up with. TJ said they were delicious. (of course he only had a sliver of a sliver but he had enough to taste)